Saturday, January 21, 2012

Potty Talk...

I have kind of taken a break from potty training.  I do it some days and other days I just don't want to clean it up.  She is still really good at going #1 and finds new ways to do it all the time (see photo to the left).  And, she still struggles with #2.  I thought I would try letting her clean it up and see if it helped.  So, when she went to the bathroom on the floor the other day I gave her some toilet paper and told her she needed to pick it up and put it in the toilet.  The whole way to the bathroom she repeated "dis is gwoss, weelly, weelly gwoss, mom."  I said "I know, that's why you get to clean it up."  I sprayed the floor with disinfectant and handed her a rag to clean the floor.  The following day the same thing occurred, with the same dialog.  The next day she asked to wear a diaper.  Really?!?!


1 comment:

  1. She's smart! Ava couldn't figure out #2 until she went to the ER for being so backed up. Then any time she didn't want to go I just told her that we'd have to back to the DR to help her go. That was enough to scare her into going at home.

    ReplyDelete