Saturday, January 28, 2012

Nine Months...

Okay, so I am a little late, but Easton had his nine month appointment last week and here are his stats...
Height: 27"
Weight: 21 lbs. 12 oz.
Head: 18"
He is growing and developing great.  He crawls every where and loves to stand.  If he isn't on the move, he is pulling himself up to whatever he can find.  He is a pretty easy going kid and has lots of smiles.  He is still toothless, but I can see the very tip of his first one.  I have been able to see it for a few weeks though, so I am not holding my breath for anytime soon.  He likes to read stories, watch Madi dance, play with toys and LOVES the bath.  He is always thrilled to see his Daddy when he gets home from work.  He hasn't said his first word yet but is very vocal.  He recently discovered that when Madi is upset, he can grunt at her and make her cry louder.  He thinks it's pretty funny.  As soon as she starts to calm down, he grunts at her again and it all starts over.  He has also learned to pull hair and finds it particularly funny to pull Madi's. 
Easton has a flat spot on his head and we are considering a helmet.  We found out on Wednesday that he is for sure a candidate for one and I take him on Friday to get measured and see what the insurance will cover.  I am a little hesitant for a couple reasons. 
1. It is totally cosmetic and could be as much as $2,000 out of pocket
2. There is such a small window of time because he is so old, I am not sure it will work as good as we hope
3. It could correct itself some on it's own, as he is on his back less and less.
It isn't something that can be fixed later and I don't want him to hate his head or be self conscious either, so we are leaning towards doing it but will wait and see how it all plays out. 
He is such a cute kid and I love having him for my son.  It is so fun to watch him learn and grow and discover new things.  I love that kid!!!

1 comment: