Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Our Christmas...

We started our meeting with one of the most wonderful sacrament meetings I have ever been to.  One of the guys in our ward sang with his sister.  They sang Silent Night and I Know That My Redeemer Lives in the most amazing version I have ever heard!  Church brought the Spirit into our day and was the perfect start. 
After church we came home and had to take a few pictures of us all dressed up.  Derrick and Easton got matching ties.  I love it.  They both look so handsome!
Daddy with his two favorite kiddos! 
Our little chunk!  How cute are those cheeks!!! 
I love these kids and am so blessed to be their mom.  They bring so much joy and life into our home and I love it!
Mommy with her precious little ones! 
 Me and Easton
Derrick surprised me with a shirt to match Madi's dress since they got matching ties.  He is so sweet and so thoughtful! 
 My pretty princess!
After we took pictures we changed back into our Christmas pj's and went out to read the Christmas story in Luke and had family prayer.  Easton could hardly wait to get to the presents.  I had to pull him away THREE times during prayers and it wasn't even a long one!  The kids sure did get spoiled!  Look at all those presents!
Much to Madi's surprise, Easton got to open first since he is the youngest. 
He wanted them all!  We had to help him focus a little. 
Madi was quick to help with that.  She went right over and helped him open it.   
Then it was her turn... 
She wasn't really even concerned about what she got, she just wanted to open presents.  She went through one after another, barely stopping to see what it was.
She got Tinkerbell pj's, two Tinkerbell puzzles, Tinkerbell paint book, Tinkerbell look and find book, Tinkerbell towel and tons of Tinkerbell chap stick.  She was in heaven! 
Easton was thrilled with his gifts too.  He got a three books, Mega Bloks, a crawl snail, a Little People car wash, a shake puppy and a few other little toys. 
He was so fun to watch.  I think his favorite was the blue shake dog.  It plays music, shakes and shimmies  over the floor.
The first present that Madi actually stopped for was her shoes from grandma.  She wanted us to put them on her.   She's such a girl!
Easton and his puppy... 
The next one she stopped for was her towel.  A few days after Christmas I was folding the laundry and Madi came running to me  with her towel saying "Thank you Mommy!  Thank you Mommy!  You wash my towel!"  She was so excited that I washed her towel.  It was nice to get such big thank yous for doing the laundry, especially from my princess.
Easton liked Madi's food too.  He gnawed on everything! 
Madi got dishes and food for her kitchen. 
Madi LOVED her stocking.  It was full of "lipstick" and a sparkly purse to carry it all in. 
After it was all opened, we brought Madi down and told her the kitchen was hers!  It was a great morning and such a nice day!  I love Christmas and I love that we were able to be home with just our little family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment