Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I'm thankful day 8...

Today I am thankful for adoption.  It is not something that is for everyone and it isn't something that is easy but I can't imagine my life without it.  One of the best things that I have found to describe and put into words the feelings and emotions that come with adoption is in the music of Michael McLean.  I have loved his music for years but was deeply touched when we were able to attend a Families Supporting Adoption concert he put on a couple weeks after Easton was born.  Since then, Derrick has given me his book, From God's Arms to My Arms to Yours that includes the stories, lyrics and a CD of the music of his experience with adoption. 

1 comment:

  1. I cry EVERYTIME I hear that song. ANd the storry behind him writing it - it just kills me. I am grateful for adoption, for the families that place and for the families that raise. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete