Sunday, November 6, 2011

I'm thankful day 6...

Today I am thankful for my ward.  Two weeks after we moved here, I remember saying to my sister that our new ward was like a "Stepford" wife.  Every one seemed to do exactly what they were supposed to, say just the right thing and it all seemed too perfect.  I was COMPLETELY wrong.  Instead, what I have found and come to love, is a family that cares about one another.  A family that loves and serves one another.  Our ward looks out for each other, they pray for each other, there is a unity that I have never known in other wards that I have been in.  There is endless talent in our ward and they are so willing to share and give freely.  They try to lift each other up, not bring each other down.  I don't recall ever hearing gossip or harsh words spoken about the members of our ward.  It doesn't matter if you are active, in-active, member, non-member.  They love and accept and help everyone.  I love that!  I love that I WANT to be with them, that I want to know them better. I love our ward and know that it is truly a special ward and that I am blessed to live where I do.  I look up to and admire so many women in our ward.  They have so much to teach me and I am grateful for that.  It is an incredible ward and I am thankful to be part of that family.

No comments:

Post a Comment