Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Carving pumpkins...

I was super excited to carve pumpkins this year for two reasons. First, because it is the first year that Madi got to clean the guts out and second, because a friend of mine lent me a cool carving tool so I could do it a little different this year. 
Madi had no desire to clean the inside out with her hands.  I told her I just wanted a picture and then she could go back to the spoon.  
She let me know she didn't want to do it.  After ten minutes or so of coaxing I turned to Derrick for a little help.  He said "Clean it out with your hands and I will give you a sucker."  
Without hesitation she thrust her hand into the pumpkin and pulled out a wad of goo.  Bribery... works like a charm.
Madi and I carved Tinkerbell.  There are a few mess ups but it was super easy and only took about ten minutes, maybe less.  I am excited to do more next year.  Thanks Liseanne for the advice and for letting me use your tool! 

No comments:

Post a Comment