Monday, June 11, 2012

Sittin'...

Three days post surgery and I am sitting at the computer!  Who would have thought?  I have felt pretty good since surgery and seem to have done ok so far.  My restrictions are NO LIFTING, NO TWISTING and NO BENDING.  I am super glad I asked for more clarification on that one.  I figured that sitting was part of that since I had to bend to sit, but I asked and my doc said I can sit as long as I am comfortable and don't do it for long periods (20+ minutes).  Yea me!  The percocet is still knocking me out, so I have slept since we got home for the most part, but I have been able to get up and walk and move around.  I still get sponge bathes until Wednesday, but as soon as I can get in the shower, I think I may be going out!  Starting next week I can walk a 1/4 mile a day and add 1/4 mile each week until my six week follow up. That will be nice to be able to get outside every day. 
Derrick has been sick since Wednesday and doesn't seem like he is getting better.  Poor guy, probably from all the stress he has been under.  I wish I could be taking care of him instead of the other way around.  He is amazing!  He doesn't even complain, he just takes care of me and the kids and is so good to us.  I love him so much! 
I think the hardest part of the whole recovery process is going to be when I am starting to feel back to normal and other people are helping me with my kids and not being able to do it myself.  I have the most amazing ward and I am not sure what I would've done without them.  I love our ward and the friends we have in it and am so glad that we live here, even if it is far from our family.  Thank you ward family for all do!

No comments:

Post a Comment