Thursday, April 19, 2012

Baskets, Hunts and Thumper...

In order to help our kids understand the true meaning of Easter, we do the worldly part on Saturday.  Since we were going to the city's Easter Egg Hunt, we bathed the kids and got them ready before we let them see their baskets.  Here is Easton's...
...and here is Madi's. 
They both got a little spoiled this year and we decided we need to cut back on the Easter gifts next year.  We got the books on clearance and joined the Disney Movie Club so the movies were 20 cents, so it's not like we spent a ton of money on them, but we don't want to set that precedent. :D
Madi LOVED her barbie and Easton was thrilled about his ball.  (He is all boy!) 
Playing with Tinkerbell's brush.  He loves brushes lately, big ones, small ones, it doesn't matter. 
My sweet little girl.  She was  so excited about her new Barbie.
Easton thought the eggs were pretty cool since they rattled. 
After  our baskets we went to the city Easter Egg Hunt.  We got there way early and the kids were so anxious to get started.  They both got a kite and lots of other things.  Madi got three gaudy rings.  There were two girls behind us and neither of them got rings.  I asked Madi if she could share and she didn't even hesitate before pulling them out and handing one to each girl.  I am so proud of her for being willing to share!
After the hunt was over we met up with mom and dad for lunch.  Then went to their house for an Easter Egg Hunt.  The kids LOVE to visit Grandma and Grandpa.  They especially love going outside with Grandpa to see the birds and dogs that are out there. 
I can't believe how quickly my boy is growing up.  Wasn't he just born last week? 
I am in love with that toothy grin!  He has the sweetest little laugh too! 
They are both pros at hunting for eggs and candy now.  This was their third of the year! 
Madi was funny.  She had to open each thing before she would pick up her next.  Must have been because there weren't other kids to compete with. 
They each got more than enough candy to last them awhile!
And they didn't take long to get started on it.  Easton was eating one after another until I took it away.
After leaving there, we went to pick up Thumper, Easton's bunny.   (For some reason, two pictures didn't load and I don't want to mess up my pics so I will post them in another post.)
Easton playing with Hopper.  He LOVES the bunnies and is starting to be a little softer with them.  Hopper is a little more willing to come around him now that he isn't so rough.
Looking for his bunny... 
I had some left over material from Madi's kitchen stuff, so I decided to make the kids Easter stuff out of it.  I need to take some better pictures, but here they are before church.  Madi loved her dress and was so excited to finally be able to wear it.  I thought it turned out pretty cute. 
My little guy in his first full tie.  (I had originally planned on him wearing a bow tie, and I made one, but didn't like all the buttons on his shirt.  He needs a jacket or vest for a bow tie.  Maybe next year.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment