Thursday, May 10, 2012

Stats and things to remember...

Easton had his one year checkup on Monday. He weighs 25lbs. 6 oz. which is the 76th percentile and is 29 3/4 inches long which is the 53rd percentile. He is growing quick and they said he is doing great. He says mama, dada, raaar and honk. He is super chatty and I'm sure he will be talking our ear off in no time. Easton is a cuddly one, which I love. He walks all over and is so proud of himself. He claps and dances and sings and adores his sister. His favorite thing... FOOD!!! He loves to eat just about everything. So naturally, after his shots, when the nurse brought in suckers, he stopped crying and grinned at her.
Some funny things Madi says and does...
Madi loves to sing. She knows tons of songs and is constantly asking Derrick and I to sing. Her favorite song is I Love To See The Temple. One that I love for her to sing is Jesus Wants Me For A Sunbeam. Why??? She is pretty sure that Jesus wants her for a sunbeep. :D
When Madi got her tonsils out she slept in our room for a few nights. We made her a nice, comfy bed on the floor. This last week, she has been falling asleep in our room and then Derrick moves her to her bed so that her and Easton can both go to sleep without keeping each other up. After a couple nights of that she started saying "I want mine own one." It took me a few times to figure out that she wanted her own bed in our room. Silly girl!
We are getting new animals at our zoo. The new exhibit opens June 1st. We are super excited. The news has been following the animals as they arrive and we have been watching their news feed. The other day at dinner I asked Madi to tell Daddy what new animals we are getting at the zoo. She said "A polar bear and a sea seal." :D We are getting sea lions, seals, polar bear, grizzlies, otters and bald eagles. We are so excited to see them!
Madi's favorite thing to ask is "Who bought/made/give it to me?" I answer and she'll say "Oh. that's so nice of ____." Her favorite phrase is "Oh, that's right." and she says it at least 30 times a day. It is super cute the way she says it. If you ask her to do something and then ask her again, she very defiantly says "I AM!"
Another thing that she has started since getting her tonsils out is saying to me several times a day "I don't feel good. I wanna snuggle mommy." How do you say no to that?
I love these kids. They keep me on my toes and bring so much joy to our lives and home.

No comments:

Post a Comment