Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My strength...

I have been waking up with numb hands and having them go numb when I use them for the last couple of years. I was supposed to see a neurologist but since it didn't cause pain, I put it off. A little over a month ago I started getting a lower back ache which quickly advanced to a shooting pain down my butt and leg. It's happened before so I figured it would work itself out in a day or two. After having it be consistant for a week, I finally called a neurologist.

I had nerve tests done on my arm and then went back to have that done on my leg. The arm was uncomfortable and hurt some but was fine once it was done. They take a prod thing and send shocks at different strengths and measure how your nerves react and then get a needle (a big one) and insert it in different spots and send shocks through that. When I got my leg done, it increased the pain. It was excrutiating while he was doing it and hasn't decreased since. 

I went back last week for results. I have severe carpal tunnel in my arms and need surgery on my hands. My Aunt Jalene had this seven years ago so I asked her about it. She said it is totally worth it. Recovery wise, you can't use your hands for a week, so Derrick will have to do EVERYTHING for me. (poor guy :D) We have decided to wait on this surgery until my back is taken care of since it is causing pain. 

As for the leg, I feel like it is getting worse. I had a MRI today and should get my results tomorrow. It is something in my mid to upper back. The last week has been really difficult for me.  I am such a baby when it comes to being sick or having physical pain and I am done with it. When I have situations like this I try to turn it over to Heavenly Father and gain all my strength from Him. While He hasn't taken my pain, He comforted me greatly this morning as I read from one of Sherri Dew's books. I want to share what I read...

I am a chosen woman of God. I am noble and great, courageous and determined, faithful and fearless. That is who I am and who I always have been. Understanding it can change my life, because this knowledge carries a confidence that cannot be duplicated any other way.

I am so grateful for everything my mom taught me and for the Gospel in my life. I am so thankful for a loving Heavenly Father that I can turn to for peace and comfort whenever I need it. As much as they suck, I am grateful for trials, because they remind me that He KNOWS me individually and that He LOVES me as an individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment