Sunday, October 30, 2011

Tracy Aviary...

We were able to spend some time with Heidi at the beginning of October.  Derrick took a couple days off.  While Heidi got her hair colored one of the days, we took the opportunity to check out Tracy Aviary.  Madi loves birds and it was a new place for us so we were really excited.  They have a bald eagle and two golden eagles that have had wing injuries and are unable to fly.  Because of this they are not fully caged in and we were able to seem them fairly close up.  I thought it was pretty cool to see.  Madi must have too because a couple days ago she told me she wants a bald eagle. :D 
They had peacocks roaming freely.  Madi wanted so bad to pet them and got within inches but Derrick noticed how close she was and told her to back up a little.
They had lots of flamingos.  I like flamingos.
Madi led the way.  There weren't too many people there so we just followed her where she wanted to go.  It was nice to have a relaxing afternoon with the family. 
Madi LOVED the birds.  She seemed totally enthralled by it all.  She is totally fearless (except of gorillas) when it comes to animals.  I like it but it is a little scary too! 
My favorite bird to see was the toucan.  I have always wanted to see one.  They were a lot smaller than I thought they would be.  Look how cute my boys are!   
I LOVE this picture.  Easton isn't smiling but they are both looking and Madi is so that is a huge accomplishment.  I love it! 
Easton birdie 
and Madi bird 
We were able to watch them feed the pelicans and that was really cool.  I am not sure why I didn't take any pictures of that.  Probably because I was too busy watching.  We fed the ducks too.  Then went to the pond at Liberty Park and gave some bread to the geese.  They came right up to us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment